In the decade since G&L began offering bassists a made-in-Fullerton jazz style bass, the G&L JB has delighted players with classic Alnico tones served up with more attack and sustain thanks to its G&L Saddle Lock bridge designed by Leo Fender. Today, the G&L JB-5 applies this formula to a five-string platform with an easy-playing neck featuring 1.775″ nut width and slim rear profile for enhanced comfort.
This JB-5 projects a time-honored yet subtly progressive vibe, embracing the past yet unafraid of moving forward. The slim, hard-rock maple neck features an easy-playing satin finish, while its comfortable 9 1/2″ radius and Jescar 57110 medium-jumbo nickel-silver frets deliver silky playability. Its Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock™ bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument. The moment you open the deluxe Tolex hardshell case, you’ll be greeted with an instrument of timeless elegance and a delicious aroma that’ll have your pulse racing!
- PICKUPS: Two G&L Alnico jazz pickups
- BODY WOOD: Alder on Standard and all solid finishes, Swamp Ash on Premier Finishes
- NECK WOOD: Hard Rock Maple with Rosewood or Maple fingerboard
- NECK PROFILE: G&L Modern C5 with 9 1/2″ radius
- FRETS: Medium Jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- TUNING KEYS: Custom G&L “Ultra-Lite” with aluminum tapered string posts
- BRIDGE: G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
- ELECTRONICS: Dual volume controls, one tone control
- CASE: deluxe Tolex hardshell